Ron Guth: Only five examples are known of the Templeton Reid $10 dated 1830:
1. EF45 estimated grade. Private treaty 10/2009, $1,250 - George D. Case - Samuel Guthman - Virgil Brand - Bowers & Ruddy 6/1984:1537, $82,500 - Ed Milas - Hancock & Harwell - Duke's Creek Collection
2. EF, repaired, estimated grade. H.O. Granberg - Waldo Newcomer - Col. Green - Josiah Lilly - National Numismatic Collection at the Smithsonian Institution. Illustrated in the "The Standard Catalogue of United States Coins, 18th Edition", where the reverse (date side) shows scratches below the date that appear to have been tooled off.
3. AU, estimated grade. Illustrated in "A Guide Book of United States Coins" until ???
4. Fine, polished, estimated grade. Bell - Memorable 1948, Lot 940 - Norweb Family
5. VG, edge test makr, estimated grade. Kreisberg & Schulman 4/1967:601 - Irving Moskowitz - Quality Sales 2/1977:1484, $41,000 - Clifford-Kagin Collection
Sources and/or recommended reading:
"The Standard Catalogue of United States Coins, 18th Edition" by Wayte Raymond
"Walter Breen's Complete Encyclopedia of U.S. and Colonial Coins" by Walter Breen
"Private Gold Coins and Patterns of the United States" by Don Kagin
© 1999-2016 Collectors Universe NASDAQ: CLCT